- May have a few red markings.
- Similar in size although slightly more stocky.
- Lack any red colouring.
- Usually have a few white markings.
- Common throughout southern Australia
- Wolf Spider bite can be very painful, giving symptoms similar to that of the Redback spider, without the dangerous side-effects (it is also thought to be the cause of minor skin necrosis on some occasions).
- Although quite common, they rarely seem to bite.
Always try to catch the spider responsible and keep it for identification purposes.