The Pest Management Industry plays an important part in the nation's economy, protecting our health, food, property and environment. The Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association, of which Innovative Pest Control SA is a member, has approved this Code of Ethics in the interests of promoting a high standard of business conduct.
- Ensure that all pest management work is carried out in accordance with industry codes of practice and regulations and with due attention to consumers, employees and the environment.
- Observe the highest standards of honesty and integrity in business transactions and take every opportunity to promote the prestige and good reputation of the Association and its members.
- Show a spirit of friendly co-operation with fellow members and assist them if possible when in need. Whilst respecting the reputation and practices of other members, be willing to report to the Association without hesitation any member whose conduct is considered to be detrimental to the good reputation of the Association.
- When giving advice to consumers, respect their right to detailed information regarding service treatments. When issuing a quotation - in addition to stating the price, the pest(s) and the nature of the work - specify the duration of the service commitment period.
- Honour all service commitments with prompt courteous attention.
- Attend to consumer complaints promptly and ensure that these are resolved.
- Adopt a professional image and behave responsibly at all times.
- In communicating with consumers, and in all marketing activities, avoid demeaning or criticising the pest management industry or its members.